Download our ‘Cumulative Features‘ overview comparison tool to compare and review changes from your Current release and then compare it against a potential Target release (up to v21.12).
Following on from our previous article on the new features included in Primavera EPPM v19.12 we’re providing an update on the summary features of Oracle Primavera EPPM .
Companies using Primavera P6 EPPM on premises can now upgrade to Primavera P6 EPPM 20.12. This annual release is a culmination of monthly updates that Oracle Cloud users have enjoyed throughout the year.
By way of background since 2019 Oracle Cloud users’ software get updated monthly however for on-premises users Primavera P6 Professional and Primavera P6 EPPM get a single update in December (xx.12). And so, Primavera P6 Professional and Primavera P6 EPPM 20.12 is here!
Primavera Product Route Map
As part of the Oracle Partner Network, DADA Enterprises can be contracted directly to help you with your migration. For one of our subscription clients who was looking to upgrade their on-premise EPPM software we had tried to plot some of the more salient product developments into an infographic below.
You can also download a ‘Cumulative Features‘ overview comparison spreadsheet which allows you to compare and review changes from your Current release and then compare it against a potential Target release (up to Oracle Cloud v20.11). This allows you to then decide which progressive release is ‘right’ for you as some users on a day-to-day basis may not use the more recent features.
So if you’re a Primavera Administrator, IT Applications Owner or Planning Manager then you can put in your current release (from v5.0 to v20.10) and then compare it against the potential Target release and you get a report (in excel) of the delta functionality.
Remember when as the Oracle’s Primavera P6 Professional and EPPM tools are released annually you need to compare the v19.12 to v20.12.
Resources to choose the right option for you
Go to our downloads section for your free copies to tools that can answer these questions:
- How can I find out what is different between releases?
- Client system requirements for Primavera P6 EPPM Database, P6 Web, P6 Web Services, P6 Team Member Web, P6 Professional Cloud Connect and P6 Professional Version 20 cloud deployments.
- What configurations work for an on-premises server deployment? You can download information about the configurations (including browsers) that we’ve tested and verified to work on your desktop or laptop.
- P6 Professional Administration Guide (v20) on how to configure consent notices in P6 Professional and how to install multiple versions of P6 Professional.
- PrimaveraP6 Professional User Guide Version 20
AT A GLANCE: WHAT’S NEW IN ORACLE PRIMAVERA P6 EPPM & PROFESSIONAL V20.12
- Arabic language is supported for the P6 EPPM suite however for Team Member Web users they must remember to use a modified URL.
- Ability to categorise and organise assignments using codes (e.g. Resource, Role) which allows active resource and role assignments across enterprise projects to be grouped, sorted, and filtered.
- Colour code Gantt Bars according to Activity Codes and also the ability to colour code progress according to an activity code.
- Ability to configure P6 EPPM project preferences to allow baseline start and finish dates for the project’s primary baseline to be shown to team members using Team Member Web, P6 for Android or P6 for iOS.
- Dragging the start or end date of a bar on the Activities Gantt chart allows you to change the activity dates, change the activity duration, or set a constraint on the activity.
- Distribute work to Team Members not only on the past basis of Global/EPS-specific activity codes, but now Resource, Role, and Assignment codes in Team Member Work Distribution Filters.
- Ability to fill down and across to populate data in spreadsheets on the Assignments pages in the Projects and Resources sections.
- Financial Period Calendars which allow you to use different Financial Periods for different projects.
- Role Prices can vary over time so Effective Dates change not only the Max Units/Time for the role but each of the Price/Unit values.
- Select the type of data you wish to Copy with a WBS Element when you copy & paste WBS elements, or add WBS elements to your project from a template.
- Ability to add Relationship comments in the Relationships detail window to add extra information about the relationship.
There are some specific Primavera P6 Professional which are only available with P6 EPPM
- An offline mode extends the Primavera Cache service to allow work in P6 Professional when no network connection is available.
- Export files to Primavera XML contain the Assignment Costs (price per unit data) for assignments.
- Import lean tasks from a Primavera XML file when P6 Professional is connected to an EPPM database.
- Ability to run a report to show which P6 Professional customers are using the Work Offline feature with their Cloud Connect database to show which users have chosen to go offline and their current online/offline status.
- You can reset user sessions in P6 Web for users who are locked out of P6 Professional and P6 Visualizer.