The ACostE's 2022 conference being held over two days, 6th and 7th July at the Birmingham City University (BCU).
Following on from our previous article on the new features included in Primavera EPPM v18.8 we’re providing an update on the summary features of Oracle Primavera EPPM v19.12. The Primavera v18.8 release was a significant release for on-premise users as this brings together some of the features of earlier 18.x versions previously only available to Oracle Cloud users.
By way of background from 2019 Oracle has changed how often it released new software release versions to its on-premises users from 2 updates per year for Primavera P6 Professional and Primavera P6 EPPM. Now on-premise users will get a single update in December (xx.12).
Primavera Product Route Map
For one of our subscription clients who was looking to upgrade their on-premise EPPM software we had tried to plot some of the more salient product developments into an infographic below.
You can also download a ‘Cumulative Features‘ comparison spreadsheet which allows you to compare and review changes from your Current release and then compare it against a potential Target release (up to Oracle Cloud v20.3). This allows you to then decide which progressive release is ‘right’ for you as some users on a day-to-day basis may not use the more recent features.
So if you’re a Primavera Administrator, IT Applications Owner or Planning Manager then you can put in your current release and then compare it against the potential Target release (note: this does not have to be v20.3) and you get a report (in excel) of the delta functionality.
Go to our downloads section for your free copies to tools that can answer these questions:
- How can I find out what is different between releases?
- What configurations work on my computer for a cloud deployment?
- What configurations work for an on-premises server deployment?
AT A GLANCE: WHAT’S NEW IN ORACLE PRIMAVERA P6 EPPM VERSION 19
- Allow multiple users to access a Portfolio
- Group and sort WBS data in the Project Statistics Portlet
- Reject status updates made by team members if the submitted data is incorrect
- Selection of data when publishing Enterprise Data
- Allow or restrict access to Resources from multiple Parent Resources
- Improved visibility of Resource and Role assignments across all Projects as well as the ability to export to Excel
- Scheduling and Levelling options can be exported to and imported from Primavera XML
- Improved currency import
- Storage of images and logos
- Managers are notified when their timesheets are rejected, or when there are timesheets awaiting approval
- Update baselines when importing Primavera XML files
- Prevent timesheets users from entering hours outside assignment dates
- Import and export data in MS Excel format on the Enterprise Data page (e.g. resource curves, risk categories, units of measure, issue codes, document categories, overhead codes, and baseline types
- Global and project options for importing Microsoft Project XML files
- View Total Float to achieve more effective prioritisation of schedule activities
- WBS Fields available in the Activities Page
- Filter Activities to the hour
- Dissolve activities with or without lag
- View Migration Utility allows you to convert classic views to standard views
- Send emails in Team Member Web without an installed email client