Forensic Planning and Value & Risk Management on €3 billion EPR Nuclear New Build in Finland
Dada Enterprises designed and implemented a risk maturity programme on a green-field site to our clients TVO and Mott MacDonald. Services covered Integrated Schedule Risk assessment within Cobra/PM Compass/Primavera on OL3 on a €3 billion turnkey delivery. This covered risk educational programmes, risk assessment, risk tool-set development and facilitating both risk and integrated programme planning workshops.
With a project significantly behind delivery making for a politically challenging environment, Dada was still able to map the remaining areas of risk and schedule impact.
Teollisuuden Voima Oyj (TVO) is a Finnish nuclear power company. The net output of both Olkiluoto 1 and Olkiluoto 2, TVO’s two nuclear plant units currently in operation, is 880 MW. Together, these units produce one sixth of all the electricity consumed in Finland. In 2014, TVO had a turnover of €325 million euros and 858 employees.
The Dada Enterprises Advantage
The key success factors for TVO:
- Deliver project, design and cost management controls
- Establish KPIs for design, construction, production, commissioning and close out controls
- Risk, Earned value forecasts and progress calculations
Developed tools and procedures for Schedule Risk, Value Management, Earned Value Analysis and Lessons Learnt
- Value and risk management
- Technical due diligence
- Risk analysis and risk management
- Power generation and supply
- Project feasibility
- Project, design and cost management
- Forensic engineering
- Commissioning and testing
- Communications and Information Technology
- Construction management
- Controls engineering
- Economic studies and business planning
“In an environment which was both technically and politically challenging these (Project Controls) skills combined with a high level of commitment resulted in the recognition of their contribution at the highest level in the customer organisation.”
Paul S McGenntiy, Olkiluoto 3 IPT Lead, EPR Nuclear New Build