Remote working requirements due to COVID-19 safety restrictions meant that static reports were having to be shared virtually and collaboratively worked on. The TfL reporting team were spending significant times to produce Periodic Reports with significant manual interventions. Through G&T, we delivered a SharePoint / PowerPlatform reporting solution that combined project data from P6/ARM/PRISM with Project Commentary via SharePoint to deliver bespoke reports for different Project Teams, so that different parts of the OBS were able to review data specific to their team.
Used Power Platform to create an autonomous Project Controls office on their £3bn Piccadilly Line Upgrade programme within a 6-month implementation window.
Delivering new automatic signalling and train control, and rolling stock for increased capacity
- The renewal of signalling on the Piccadilly line is one of TfL’s most pressing capital investment priorities.
- Programme will deliver new higher capacity, accessible, air-cooled trains on the Piccadilly Line.
- The new trains will enter passenger service from 2025, providing enhanced capacity.
- Service levels enhancements in 2027 will increase peak service frequencies from 24 to 27 trains per hr.
- This will increase peak capacity on the line by 23 per cent.
- Combined SharePoint and Power Platform reporting solutions to reduce central reporting overhead and FTE without increasing licensing costs
- Integrated SharePoint with MS Teams and wider O365 Applications to digitise and automate Project Controls reporting
- PowerBi visual dashboards with drill down reporting and Row Level Security
- Automatic feed-in of batch data extracts from P6, PRISM and ARM to reduce double-entry and allow synchronicity
- SharePoint site structure to supply Project Commentary into Periodic reports
- Use Power Query Editor to connect, clean, transform, and join data from multiple data sources (e.g., SharePoint, P6, PRISM, ARM)
- Formalisation of Periodic Reporting Calendar
“To respond to the technical challenges of producing periodic reports virtually due to Covid-19 restrictions, we demonstrated how Power Platform (PowerBI, Power Automate and Power Apps) can be integrated with SharePoint so that Periodic Reports are produced on a Self-Service basis by Project Teams without the need for central amalgamation reducing the need for Central Reporting FTE.”