2nd Line Governance Assurance on Network Rail’s £5.5 billion Thameslink programme
The Thameslink Programme was a major £5.5 billion scheme to ultimately deliver 24 Trains Per Hour (tph) by increasing capacity on the central London section by accommodating more frequent and longer trains using new Class 700 trains to replace the Class 319, Class 377 and Class 387 trains which were withdrawn and transferred elsewhere.
Our involvement in Central Planning and in the Outer Areas sub-programme involved integrated planning and schedule management, BI reporting, PMO reporting, Business Readiness, Earned Value reporting and Portfolio Management activities in order to meet the corporate and statutory schedule reporting requirements and achieve TLP Programme milestones.
To facilitate the re-development of iconic stations like London Bridge, Blackfriars, Farringdon, and the huge physical infrastructure improvements to signalling, track, telecoms, depot and rolling stock, the Thameslink Programme also required a structured governance approach using the Governance for Railway Investment Projects (GRIP) methodology to be applied to on a diverse, multi-discipline, major programme.
The Dada Enterprises Advantage
- Programme assurance in acceptance of Contractor tender and schedule submissions for NEC compliance and schedule risk integrity.
- Forensic analysis for compensation events. Commercial Management of Early Warning Notices and CEs.
- Project, program and project portfolio management (P3M) consulting
- Stage Gate and Sponsor Review Schedule (2nd Line Governance) Schedule Assurance
- Give/Get Interface Reporting
- Earned Value Analysis Reporting
- BI reporting
- Business Readiness and Go-Live of new Timetable
- Portfolio Management
- Business Change planning for Route Ops & Maintenance
- Primavera database administration
- Retirement of legacy projects
“Collaborative working between Network Rail, UK Power Networks, Carillion, Balfour Beatty and all stakeholders was recognised with challenging (Outer Areas) milestones being completed against challenging timescales. Successful schedule adherence reporting of KPI 4.8 milestones to achieve Key Output (KO2) milestones to achieve 24tph was delivered.”