It is critical that the Construction Manager understands the demanding realities that he or she faces in the planning and control of construction operations
NEC provides a stimulus to good management. The choices of pricing mechanisms range from high price certainty Lump Sums with Activity Schedule or Bill of Quantities, through Target Cost with Activity Schedule or Bill of Quantities, to low price certainty Cost Reimbursable and Management Contracts.
However the contracts which these collaborative commercial relations are based on (NEC3 contracts (Options A to G) or variants such as Clause 14) can sometimes result in considerable man-marking between private companies and their public customers. Instead of stimulating Integrated Project teams the result is contract management teams facing each-other off.
The net effect is a huge amount man-marking to confirm requirements, estimates, document transfers and delivery which reduces the available profit
Here too the intelligent application of technology and process innovation can be used to support agile construction by automating the commercial management of these contracts
For our Construction and Engineering clients we at Dada Enterprises have developed the following solutions:
- Templated NEC workflows: We have developed standardised workflows for each contract (Options A to G) which integrate your risk management systems, with your planning application, cost estimating tool and contract management portal.
- Mobile time-sheets: Web-based solution that automates your company’s payroll process by allowing you to log hours remotely, anywhere that you have access to the internet.
- Accurate job costing & real-time performance reporting: The ability to track the progress of each job, unprofitable jobs or any unexpected delays.
- Accurate forecasting: Forecast cost to complete for each job. Track profitability, utilization, and variances.
- Integrated reporting: Attain real-time cost updates by integrating your planning, inventory and equipment, payroll, and accounts payable.